Code 15 Packets & Forms
Federal Tort Claims Act
- Claims for personal injury / death as a result of exposure to contaminated drinking water at Camp Lejeune.
- Claims for property damage and/or personal injury or death caused by the negligence of a government employee.
Personnel Claims ActClaims for property loss due to fire, flood, theft, vandalism and other personal property losses.
- Claims for Emergency Partial Payment An emergency partial payment is appropriate when a claimant residing in Government assigned quarters, Public Private Venture (PPV) housing located within the perimeter of the installation (CONUS) or for OCONUS, all quarters, wherever situated, (except when the claimant is considered a local inhabitant), has suffered a significant, compensable loss of items that are needed for daily living, and can demonstrate a need for immediate funds to replace some of those items (e.g., food, clothes, baby items, etc
Claims for privately owned vehicle shipped or stored at government expense.
Claims for loss of or damage to Household Goods and unaccompanied baggage shipped or stored at government expense. How you submit your claim depends upon how your household goods shipment was processed
- Defense Personal Property System (DPS) If a service member’s household goods shipment was processed using the Defense Personal Property System (DPS), the claim must be filed against the Transportation Service Provider (TSP) in DPS. Service members can access their DPS account at www.move.mil. DPS incorporates direct on-line claims filing, negotiation, and settlement. 30 days after filing a claim in DPS, service members may transfer all or a portion of the claim to their Military Claims Office (MCO) by selecting the “transfer to MCO” option in DPS. The Navy MCO is the Personnel Claims Unit (PCU) located in Norfolk, VA. For important information about transferring all or a portion of your DPS claim to the PCU: Instructions and guidance on transferring DPS claims.
- Non-DPS Claims - If your household goods shipment was not processed using DPS, you must submit your claim to the TSP using those instructions provided to you by the TSP at delivery. 30 days after filing a claim with the TSP, the service member can transfer all or a portion of the claim to the MCO. For important information about transferring all or a portion of your claim to the PCU: Claims for loss of or damage to Household Goods for non-DPS shipments.
If you are filing one of the claims addressed in one of the above packets, the appropriate forms are already included in the packet. These are additional forms for anyone who may need just the form. If you are filing one of the claims addressed above, it is highly recommended that you review the above packet for filing your claim.
- DD Form 1842: Claim for Loss of or Damage to Personal Property Incident to Service. This is the required form used for filing your claim against the government for damage to personal property. Blocks 1 through 19 in Section I must be completed prior to submitting your claim.
- DD Form 1844: List of Property and Claims Analysis Chart. This form is used to list each specific item you are claiming and indicate specific amounts claimed to repair or replace your property for your claim against the government for damage to personal property.
- SF 95: Claim for Damages, Injury, or Death. This form is used to file your claim against the U.S. Government.
Many of the publications available on this Web site are Portable Document Format (PDF) files. To view and print these documents, download and install the free Adobe Reader software.